This super dark, super healthy chocolate recipe can be made in 5 minutes with ingredients available in India! Ingredients are simple:
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) – I recommend Hintz Cocoa Powder, 454g – Rs 700 or Rs 325 for 125g
- 5 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil – I recommend Merit Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Pack of 3) (500 ML) – Rs 1125 OR KLF Nirmal VCO 500 ML (Full) – Rs 260
- 2 tsp sugar (powdered preferably)
- Splash of vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
(Lasts 1 chocoholic only 2 days 🙂 )
Tip: Don’t use Parachute coconut oil! While Parachute is edible, it is NOT virgin coconut oil. Doesn’t have the benefits of VCO (virgin coconut oil).
- Mix the cocoa powder and coconut oil in a bowl. You’ll be shocked to see how well and easily it mixes.
- Add sugar and salt
- Stir again
- Optional: Add anything else you want (walnuts, chilli powder :P)
- Pour into chocolate moulds or a flat dish on baking paper and put in the fridge.
- Once hardened you can break it into little pieces.
This is a fantastic recipe which literally takes 5 minutes to make! More than that, it is very healthy. Good cocoa powder (like Hintz) has a whole bunch of health benefits (anti-oxidants, minerals, etc) and coconut oil is SUPER healthy for you (aids weight loss, vitamin E for anti-aging, etc, etc). It doesn’t have any added preservatives or crap that chocolate in the market will have.
Best of all — it barely has a coconutty flavour! Yep, I’m not the biggest fan of coconut oil taste wise, but this is just an incredible combination! Do it!